Lofty, spacious accommodation with exposed beams and much original character makes the Hayloft an ideal holiday retreat for couples looking for a rural idyll.
Built from the same local stone as Norburton Hall, the building is thought to date back to before the 1800s and has been converted into a comfortable one-bedroom apartment. Access to this single-level cottage is via six steps leading up to the front door.
Pet-friendly: Well-behaved pets are welcome in the Hayloft. With or without a dog, strolls through the village to the beach are always popular.
• Gas central heating with radiators throughout.
• Large living, dining and kitchen area with original wooden flooring, a gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, full size fridge and freezer and a breakfast bar with chairs in the kitchen. There is a TV, DVD player and a mini Hi-Fi CD/radio in the living area.
• Large bedroom with a superking size bed and window seating area overlooking the grounds and surrounding Dorset hills.
• Double sofa bed in living area for daytime lounging.
• Bathroom with power shower in curved glass shower cubicle.
• Sleeps 2.
All quality linen and towels are supplied for two people within the rental price.
Heating, broadband and TV are included within the tariff.
The Hayloft self-catering holiday cottage overlooks the sheltered, south-facing gravelled courtyard garden and has its own bench on a small raised seating area with additional seating and table in the courtyard, which it shares with The Shippen.
Parking is by the cottage or just a few steps across the drive.
Prices for The Hayloft vary throughout the year starting at £355 for a three-night stay in low season to £1,036 for a week in high season. Please see the calendar for available dates. A pet tariff is charged in addition if well-behaved humans are accompanied by their dog.