The Shippen offers relaxing self-catering living in a beautifully converted byre. A two bedroom holiday cottage on one floor, it has exposed beams and underfloor heating, with an open-plan, airy living area.
• The Shippen’s comfortable lounge area has 2 leather sofas, a large digital TV, DVD player and a CD/radio,. It opens out into a dining area with an oak dining table and leather chairs overlooking the south-facing courtyard garden,
• The kitchen contains modern self-catering facilities including gas hob, built-in microwave oven, separate oven, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and a washer/dryer – all conveniently part of the all-in-one living area.
• Bedroom 1 has a superking bed with white, pure cotton bedding, bedside tables, a large wardrobe and chest of drawers. With double aspect windows, it also has open beams and exposed rear stone wall in which a narrow slit window from the adjoining traditional stone barn is a feature.
• South-facing Bedroom 2 contains twin beds with crisp white cotton bedding, a built in wardrobe and bedside tables with reading lamps.
• The bathroom has a separate bath and shower, heated towel rail and underfloor heating. Fluffy towels are provided for our guests.
The Shippen shares a sheltered, south-facing gravelled courtyard garden with seating area and table and chairs. The double doors to the front of The Shippen look east towards flower borders, trees and lawned areas.
Parking is by The Shippen or just a few steps across the drive.
Prices for The Shippen vary throughout the year from £450 for a three night stay in low season to £1225 for a week in high season. A discount is available for a two-week stay or more. Please see the calendar for availability.